Announcing prettySociable

October 28th 2009

I’m at it again. Here’s my latest plugin, prettySociable. It’s meant to make sharing easy while being fun for the user. It was inspired by the sharing on mashable.com. Come back soon for a wordpress plugin, a friend of mine is working on it.

Head over the project page for a demo: http://no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettySociable/

Feel free to leave you comments here, or on the forums.

8 Responses to “Announcing prettySociable”

1. Will says:

Hey nice work, looks great. BTW you can use our backend if you want; it would let you do the same cool stuff on the client side (nothing to do with addthis) but not have to worry about the URLs for the different services. Beta API should do what you need: http://www.addthis.com/help/sharing-api. Hit us up in the forums if you are interested or need any more info. Again, nice work.

2. admin says:

Hi Will,

Thanks for the nice comments. I didn’t know I could use add this as the sharing service. I didn’t even know you guys had an API. I’ll certainly look into it as there are a lot of social sites I don’t cover and you cover most (if not all) of them.

3. xmjay says:

Looks great !!! I checked it out on my testsite. Well done (:

4. Leanne says:

Hi Stéphane, this is a great little script, I’ve implemented it on my website, it works in all of the browsers except for ie.. (am using ie8 but also doesnt work in ie7) I’m getting javascript errors, could you have a look and see if I’ve missed anything? – http://www.souliejolie.com/2010/test.php

Cheers

Leanne

5. Leanne says:

I managed to get it working, but now there seems to be a problem if you scroll slightly down the page and try to hover over one of the sharing links – the image/shadow/drag to share stays where the link was originally (before scrolling) if that makes sense?

example: the quote, when the page loads put your mouse over it, then slightly scroll down a bit and hover the mouse over it again, you’ll see the highlighted container appears where it was before you scroll even though the link has moved..

:S

6. admin says:

@Leanne: Seems to be working for me. Can you take a screenshot so I can see this happen?

7. ozan says:

no working with ie

8. Tom Hodgson says:

I have the prettyphoto plugin available on my wordpress site – does your friend also do a prettySociable plugin too? I would really like to implement this onto my site (which I am developing at the moment).

If you could let me know ASAP I would really appreciate it.

Thanks