Google Closure Tools best thing that happened in a while.

November 6th 2009

Google launched closures tools yesterday. In consists of 3 things:

A JavaScript optimizer

The Closure Compiler compiles JavaScript into compact, high-performance code. The compiler removes dead code and rewrites and minimizes what’s left so that it downloads and runs quickly. It also also checks syntax, variable references, and types, and warns about common JavaScript pitfalls. These checks and optimizations help you write apps that are less buggy and easier to maintain. You can use the compiler with Closure Inspector, a Firebug extension that makes debugging the obfuscated code almost as easy as debugging the human-readable source.

Closure Templates are implemented for both JavaScript and Java, so that you can use the same templates on both the server and client side. For the client side, Closure Templates are precompiled into efficient JavaScript.

A comprehensive JavaScript library

The Closure Library is a broad, well-tested, modular, and cross-browser JavaScript library. You can pull just what you need from a large set of reusable UI widgets and controls, and from lower-level utilities for DOM manipulation, server communication, animation, data structures, unit testing, rich-text editing, and more.

The Closure Library is server-agnostic, and is intended for use with the Closure Compiler.

An easy templating system for both Java & JavaScript

Closure Templates simplify the task of dynamically generating HTML. They have a simple syntax that is natural for programmers. In contrast to traditional templating systems, in which you use one big template per page, you can think of Closure Templates as small components that you compose to form your user interface.

If like me, you’ve always dreamed of taking a look at how all those Google Apps where built (gmail, gdocs), well now’s your chance. Closure is actually the code that is driving those apps. It has been around for a while and the people at Google has been working pretty hard to open source it.

I’ll first start playing with the compiler to merge it with my deploy scripts. Then I’ll see what can be built with the actual library.

What do you guys think about it?

10 Responses to “Google Closure Tools best thing that happened in a while.”

1. Touche. Outstandding arguments. Keeep upp thhe ǥreat ԝork.

2. The closure compiler itself is amazing, I feel like if that and the whole compile/build process had been the only focus of the google closure tools project it would have been a much larger success than it was/is.

I read through parts of the source and used bits and pieces of ideas at various points, even built toy apps with the toolchain, but for me, when using the libraries I always felt like I was programming in java, which might be endearing to some, but I didn’t find it such an enjoyable experience and just went on my way after a while using only the compiler. IMHO javascript is all about its functional nature its where all the elegance, simplicity, and modularity comes from, I found it kind of placed on a backburner in the closure libs, but could just be me…

3. Himanshu says:

Thanks to author for such informative article if you are still facing the issue with code error in your pc then here on our website you will fix error 0xc0000142 yourself in just few steps without help of any technician.

4. gmail login says:

“Touche. Outstandding arguments. Keeep upp thhe ǥreat ԝork. ”

Read more about Google Closure Tools best thing that happened in a while.Stéphane Caron – No Margin For Errors on:

5. Taylor says:

Wow what an amazing post, this was genuinely interesting to me and useful also. You always share great stuff and we hope to see more posts from you soon.

6. Jose says:

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.gomovies

7. Quickbooks is a financial management solution, that was initially created for small business owners who had no formal training. In no time, it has gained over 85 percent of the small business software market. Quickbooks support is a team who solve all the queries and problems of users and make it easy to user they know about Quickbooks software.

8. geek squad says:

Thank you for providing this information. I was searching for this type of information.

9. Agmus Morgan says:

The conclusion compiler itself is astonishing, I have an inclination that if that and the entire arrange/fabricate procedure had been the main focal point of the google conclusion devices venture it would have been a lot bigger accomplishment than it. IMHO JavaScript is about its useful nature it’s where all the class, effortlessness, and measured quality originates from, I thought it put on a back burner in the conclusion libs, yet could be me. Google Ad Agency has also shared a post that is related to coding in it, they show an easier way to do coding and you also correct your error.

10. Agmus Media says: