prettySociable 1.2. Small small small update.

December 3rd 2009

I’ve just released an updated version of prettySociable. It consists on a bug fix where the “drag to share” container wouldn’t be position properly in the case the shared element has a border and/or padding.

I also added a little animation to the label, just to say it’s not only a bug fix push 😉

If you never experienced the bug yourself and don’t care about the label animation, this update is not necessary.

The updated files can be found on the project page.

If you have any problem with prettySociable, a request, or just want to say thank you, check out the dedicated forums. They are quite empty right now, come on, go ahead!

7 Responses to “prettySociable 1.2. Small small small update.”

1. nicmare says:

Hey steph!
    thats a pretty nice idea? never seen this before alltought i am an experienced webdesigner. i like it! but i have doubts the regular users will use that because dragging events are still very rare! but i will give it a try!
    good job

2. Stephane says:

Hey there.

It’s true it’s not as obvious as having the sharing icons at the bottom of every posts, but it’s prettier IMO. Let me know what you think of it one you try it.

3. **Juanito** says:

Awesome! How can I integrate with WordPress?
    Greetings

4. huangyq23 says:

Actually, if user try to right-click in the dragging area, the overlay would freeze the page forever.
    Add a “which/button” check for the “onmousedown” event should fix the bug.

5. Ashish says:

Hi, Thanks for such a beautiful script to share the page on social website.
    I just found an error in this. There is a only way to select the object is putting a REL attribute like ===>rel=”prettySociable”<===

But when we go to validate my website after using this, I found an ERROR, in fact you please validate your own website, you will find ERROR because of .

Then I tried to modify the selector, I tried with this like different ways like: and , and then I modified the script file as well like $(‘a[rel^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {
    to
    $(‘a[data-rel^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {
    and
    $(‘a[title^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {

But I got failed to do this. Please release a modified version or tell me the solution for this.
    Thanks!!

6. Ashish says:

Hi, Thanks for such a beautiful script to share the page on social website.

But when we go to validate my website after using this, I found an ERROR, in fact you please validate your own website, you will find ERROR because of < a href="#" rel="prettySociable" >.

to
    $(‘a[data-rel^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {
    and
    $(‘a[title^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {

Thanks!!

7. Ashish says:

Hi, Thanks for such a beautiful script to share the page on social website.

But when we go to validate my website after using this, I found an ERROR, in fact you please validate your own website, you will find ERROR because of < a href=”#” rel=”prettySociable” >.

Then I tried to modify the selector, I tried with this like different ways like: < a href=”#” data-rel=”prettySociable”> and < a href=”#” title=”prettySociable” >, and then I modified the script file as well like $(‘a[rel^=prettySociable]’).hover(function() {
    to