prettyPhoto 3.0: Updated beta.

August 26th 2010

Hey I’m not dead. Neither is prettyPhoto. My last update dates back to March 15th, I’ve been quite busy. Part of it is job, the other part has been Final Fantasy 13 ;)

But the good news is, I have been working on prettyPhoto during that time. So today I release an updated beta version with several bug fixes that were in the previous version.

Here are the full details:

• Added: Keyboard event bindings as a setting.
  • Added: Inline galleries.
  • Added: Multiple prettyPhoto with different settings on one page.
  • Added: Slideshows!
  • Added: Custom markup support (will write a tutorial soon)
  • Fixed: Vimeo video ID parsing.
  • Fixed: Double click causing a where prettyPhoto would open without the faded background.
  • Fixed: Bug when an image would not resize after opening an iframe.
  • Fixed: Image resizing issues when allow_resize is set to false. Images now center properly.
  • Fixed: “Image cannot be loaded” message bug. Removed the toLowerCase, a bug I introduced…can’t really say why I did that :(
  • Changed: Vimeo video now uses their new universal player. http://vimeo.com/blog:334
  • Changed: Default theme, now facebook.
  • Changed: Default speed, now fast, feel snappier.

Download

So you want to test it? You can find the demo page here: http://no-margin-for-errors.com/demos/prettyphoto_3.0/

I suggest you test it on your website, you can find a zip file here: http://no-margin-for-errors.com/demos/prettyphoto_3.0/prettyPhoto_3.0b.zip

Please note that since it’s a beta, you should retest everything on your own to make sure nothing breaks.

Bug reports

Please report any bug in that thread in the forums. I’ll do my best to get them squashed to release that update as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

22 Responses to “prettyPhoto 3.0: Updated beta.”

1. thanks a lot for your scripts. they are really helpful.

2. Sam says:

Your bug forum link returns a 404.

If i have an image that is larger then the screen and i click on the expand icon, everything works fine. If i set allowresize to false, the image appears at the original size (which is what i want), however something bugs out and i am unable to scroll down, which in turns means i am unable to close the lightbox. Tested on Chrome 6 beta (Mac OSX)

3. Stephane says:

@Sam: Thanks for the report. I’ve just uploaded the link AND prettyPhoto :)

4. Jharbour says:

Great script however I was wondering if you have a hack for IE6 so it can show a style instead of the white box style?

5. steve bowyer says:

Hello ,
    I wonder if we could add , adsense code in this?

This is great script thanks alot.

6. Barry says:

Hey Stephane,

Great plugin. Beta is working fine for me. I built a small gallery of youtubes. The iframe worked as well.

Have you considered making this a wordpress plugin?

thanks much from Chicago

Barry

7. Stephane says:

@Jharbour: You could, however, IE6 is such a pain that I keep supporting it but I just throw the basic theme to ease the pain a bit ;)

@steve: It would be possible, but would required some javascript modifications. I do not plan to implement this feature right now.

@Barry: Thanks. There’s already a wordpress plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-prettyphoto/ It’s based on the old version. Should be updated once 3.0 goes final.

Thanks!

8. Nelson says:

Hi, great work! thanks!.

Just a question. how do i change the speed of the “play slideshow” option?

Thanks.

9. Stephane says:

@Nelson: You have a setting called “slideshow” can either be false or an interval in MS, this will control the speed.

slideshow: false, /* false OR interval time in ms */

Thanks

10. very nice plugin. thanks for sharing.

11. Enrico says:

Many tks.
    Maybe, some people do you have used it also with wordpress+thesis in the multimedia box? How you have integrate it?

12. Stoker says:

Hello,

I found an easy improvement of the Youtube plugin. Makes it so that the default image is displayed:

13. Stoker says:

[code][/code]

14. justin says:

Hi

Love the code, just one problem. Can’t get swf to work. I copied your code from the setup demo. the window pops up but no playing.

Also, what formats can 3b play?

Thanks again

15. Justin says:

got the swfs working but can’t see controls for the player. Any clues?

Cheers

16. Chris says:

Does this version of prettyPhoto play well with dynamic images and resizers? I need to reference external fully qualified URLs for my large images, but it seems to break.

17. J says:

Thanks so much, this update fixed all the little issues I had with prettyphoto, Thank you so much!

18. The next time I read a internet site, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as very much as this a single. I imply, I know it was my option to read, but I truly believed youd have a thing fascinating to say. All I hear is really a bunch of whining about one thing that you simply could fix when you werent too busy searching for attention.

19. camsex says:

I’m not able to love this particular internet site adequately for chrome I believe there’s problems.

20. Taz says:

Hi, this plugin is implemented on my site via BOLDY Theme found here:

I would like to know, how do I update the plugin so that I can use it as a gallery?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

21. Taz says:

I’ve just realised I didn’t post a link to my site where am having the problem:

Thanks!