September 15th 2010
prettyPhoto 3.0 has been in the work for quite a while now. The latest update (2.5.6) dates back from January. So it has been in beta for quite a while a it is now ready for prime time.
I fixed some stuff, changed some setting but most important, I’ve added features that have been lacking for quite a while. See the full (color coded!) changelog below.
- Added: Keyboard event bindings as a setting.
- Added: Inline galleries.
- Added: Multiple prettyPhoto with different settings on one page.
- Added: Slideshows!
- Added: Custom markup support (will write a tutorial soon)
- Fixed: Vimeo video ID parsing.
- Fixed: Double click causing a where prettyPhoto would open without the faded background.
- Fixed: Bug when an image would not resize after opening an iframe.
- Fixed: Image resizing issues when allow_resize is set to false. Images now center properly.
- Fixed: “Image cannot be loaded” message bug. Removed the toLowerCase, a bug I introduced…can’t really say why I did that
- Changed: Vimeo video now uses their new universal player. http://vimeo.com/blog:334
- Changed: Default theme, now facebook.
- Changed: Default speed, now fast, feel snappier.
To tie in with this release, I also created a new FAQs page. Some of you had recurring problem, so I’ll try to cover most of them in that page.
As usual, I hope you like to projet, feel free to comment, contribute, donate