prettyPhoto 3.0.1: Bug fix for jQuery 1.4.4

November 24th 2010

It occurred to me that jQuery 1.4.4 broke the API functionality of prettyPhoto. So I’ve just patched it and updated the files.

Head over the project page to download the latest version.

29 Responses to “prettyPhoto 3.0.1: Bug fix for jQuery 1.4.4”

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Pier-Luc Petitclerc, Stephane Caron and jQuery Watcher , Larry King. Larry King said: prettyPhoto 3.0.1: Bug fix for jQuery 1.4.4 | Stéphane Caron – No … http://bit.ly/hRHo9f #jQuery […]

2. Alex says:

Hello, i recently got Pretybox (v nice work btw) and discovered a little bug with the prettyPhoto modal box.
    Though it only occurs with a lot of pics and only with the ones that are small in width
    Just add these in the the first gallery example of your index.html file and find out!!!

3. Alex says:

Sry for 2ble posting… i have send you the html file via mail! Be well

4. Juan says:

Hello, sorry for my poor english. I´m Juan, from Argentina. Please I need help. I upgrade all to this new verson of prettyphoto. I have an html & css site, I can see it perfect in my computer, but when I upload to my hosting I can´t see all the png (borders, close button, and the others…). I allready try with all the version of images, dark rounded, facebook, etc… Please help me!

5. Juan says:

Well, It´s resolved!! :)

The new prettyphoto.css has this path:
    ../images/prettyPhoto/facebook/contentPatternTop.png

But th folder with the images I have in /images it isn’t called prettyphoto. It´s called prettyphoto…So, I rename this folder, and I upload…

I’m really happy :)

I hope my experience will be useful for somebody!

Grettings from Argentina.

6. Juan says:

Please delete my previous comment….

Well, It´s resolved!! :)

The new prettyphoto.css has this path:
    ../images/prettyPhoto/facebook/contentPatternTop.png

But th folder with the images I have in /images it isn’t called prettyPhoto. It´s called prettyphoto…So, I rename this folder to prettyPhoto, and I upload…

I’m really happy :)

I hope my experience will be useful for somebody!

Grettings from Argentina.

7. Hey eq2lzb, very interesting post, it really got me thinking. Thank you. 94x7q

8. Bennie Getty says:

Very good post, thank you for this fantastic facts.

9. Hola, I just wanted to note that in Version: 2.5.6 – i’m not sure of any later ones but on this version the width doesn’t mess up in IE 8, though your new version puts a horizontal bar and i’m not quite sure where that is coming from! I just thought I would share that with you!

Thanks! I love your scripts! MUCH LOVE <3

10. vishal says:

Hi,

I have an asp.net form inside prettyPhoto.
    Inside the form i have user controls.
    One user control contains 3 buttons.
    When i click on the button, the server side event is not being fired.
    Is this a bug?

Regards,
    Rakesh

11. Andreas Munk says:

API Call does not work!

$.prettyPhoto.open([‘images/fullscreen/1.jpg’,’images/fullscreen/2.jpg’],[‘lol’,”],[”,’Hello!’]);

Please help!

12. Andres Cuero says:

Hello,

i try do this but it not works, help me please!!

$.prettyPhoto.open( ‘/intranet/mas_info.html’, ‘Informacion’, ‘Test’);

13. Aytac says:

Found a small mistake in prettyPhoto.css. It won’t be noticed if you copy everything but if you don’t, then it will

div.dark_square .pp_loaderIcon{background: url(../images/prettyPhoto/dark_rounded/loader.gif) center center no-repeat;}
    div.dark_square .pp_content_container .pp_left{background: url(../images/prettyPhoto/dark_rounded/contentPattern.png) top left repeat-y;}
    div.dark_square .pp_content_container .pp_right{background: url(../images/prettyPhoto/dark_rounded/contentPattern.png) top right repeat-y;}

dark_rounded should be dark_square

Well, have a nice holidays. I will continue customise this to my flavour :)

14. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them.

15. ezboy says:

i want feedback
    the allow_resize can’t use in ie and chrome
    i have set default_width,but can’t run…

and can set display the Expand the image parameter

thx

16. StErMi says:

17. Anton Andreasson says:

Why are you using .unbind(‘resize’)? This will unbind other resize events too, right? At least that’s what I’m experiencing over here. Removing that fixes my problems (what does it break in prettyPhoto?)

cheers,

/Anton

18. zahid says:

Hi,

Can you make jwplayer work in this plugin???

19. Shree says:

Hey, How to play 720P video using Pretty photo – youtube content. Now,its showing 320p when the video starts. I’m looking for 720p quality at the start up. Can any one just tell me what to do?

Sri

20. freeform says:

+1 on a working example using the very common and useful JWplayer!
    Annnd, thanks for all you do!

21. coyoacan says:

The youtube fullscreen icon is missing when play prettyPhoto,

Please help! Does anyone knows how to add the full screen icon into the “prettyPhoto” youtube videos.

Thanks,

22. Dinu says:

Hi,

Is it possible on a gallery image to have only the left right arrows for navigation but without that “preview of the other photos” which appears when you hover the mouse over the image ?

Thanks,
    Dinu

23. Gareth says:

The YouTube fullscreen function would be very helpful.

Does anyone know a way doing this at the moment through PrettyPhoto?

Thanks

24. Jason says:

Is there a way to change youtube video sizes and also have full screen function?

25. Trro says:

To resize the video use width & height

To see 720p you must define a viewer big enough, for example:

VIDEO 720p

26. Trro says:

sorry, in my previous post the code was hidden and you saw only the link VIDEO 720p
    here is the code:

To resize the video use width & height

To see 720p you must define a viewer big enough, for example:

href=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxlhBIYZTDI&width=1280&height=740″ rel=”prettyPhoto” title=””

this, of corse in <a tag

27. flow says:

FIX to the missing fullscreen thing:

around lines 244 :

case 'youtube':
    pp_dimensions = _fitToViewport(movie_width,movie_height); // Fit item to viewport

movie = 'http://www.youtube.com/v/'+grab_param('v',pp_images[set_position]);
    if(settings.autoplay) movie += "&autoplay=1";
    toInject = settings.flash_markup.replace(/{width}/g,pp_dimensions['width']).replace(/{height}/g,pp_dimensions['height']).replace(/{wmode}/g,settings.wmode).replace(/{path}/g,movie);
    break;

add the line:

movie+="&fs=1";

so that it looks like:

case 'youtube':

movie = 'http://www.youtube.com/v/'+grab_param('v',pp_images[set_position]);
    if(settings.autoplay) movie += "&autoplay=1";
    movie+="&fs=1";
    break;

28. Anthony says:

Hello All,

To have the youtube fullscreen button just add “?fs=1″ to the src value in the embed tag (this is in the javascript file)

so it used to be like this :
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/'+grab_param('v&#039;,images[setPosition])+'" type="application

now it will become like this :
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/'+grab_param('v&#039;,images[setPosition])+'"?fs=1 type="application

29. Awesome plugin for jQuery. I want to tell you that it’s not working with IE9 atm :)