prettyPopin is a jQuery plugin that serves as a modal box. It is easily customizable and proved a lightweight solution to quickly and easily display content in context. It provides a nice way to display simple content or simple forms.
If you want to display iframed content, video, images or flash, please take a look at prettyPhoto as it is a better alternative.
For the full documentation, please take a look at this page.
If you have any comment or ways to improve it, just visit our forums
Bellow you can see a demo of a gallery and single image.
Please see this page for the complete project documentation.
Uncompressed version | Compressed version
Click one one of the following link for a demo of prettyPopin. You can load what you want in ajax as long as it is standard HTML. Please note that you cannot open image with it, to do you you can always use prettyPhoto.
- Regular content (defined width, fixed)
- Content with paging (defined width, follow the scroll)
- Ajax form (width inherited from the <form>, follow the scroll)
This plugin has been tested and is known to work in the following browsers
- Firefox 2.0+
- Safari 3.1.1+
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (PC)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (PC)
This script is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5. So you can use it in all you projects even commercial ones. Donations are always welcome.
- 1.3: You can now navigate inside prettyPopin (paging), fixed a bug with forms not being handled properly, now works when jQuery is in noConflict mode.
- 1.2: A custom callback can now be fired upon prettyPopin closing.
- 1.1: The popin can now follow the scroll (optional), fixed a bug where the resizing of the box was not using the proper dimensions, the path to the “loading” icon can now be changed in the settings.
- 1.0: Initial release of prettyPopin.
I’ve spent a lot of time to develop/support this script. You liked it? Feel free to donate!