Here’s my solution to comment boxes that are alway too small for long comment. As the user enter comment in this box, the box will stretch so the full comment will always be visible, making it easier for the user to review and edit his comment before posting it.
If you have any comment or ways to improve it, just leave me a message in the forums!
See below for a demo of the project or click here for the full project documentation.
Click here for the full project documentation.
This plugin has been tested and is known to work in the following browsers
- Firefox 3.0 (Mac/PC)
- Firefox 2.0 (Mac/PC)
- Opera 9.5 (Mac/PC)
- Safari 3.1.1 (Mac)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (PC)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (PC)
- 1.4: Added max-height support, made the code execute faster, changed the code to act as a real plugin.
- 1.3: Fixed various utilisability bugs.
- 1.2: Added support for multiple textareas, optimized the code.
- 1.1: Added the ability to shrink the textareas.
- 1.0: Initial release of prettyComments.
This script is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5. So you can use it in all you projects even commercial ones. Donations are always welcome.
I’ve spent a lot of time to develop/support this script. You liked it? Feel free to donate!